Monday 18 December 2017

December Life Update; A Week To Go!


Hi readers!

It's only a week to go till Christmas day and I just can't wait. I've been so busy and also ill. I had a cold two weeks ago and barely made it through one of my family's traditions; The Manchester Christmas Markets. Luckily, my boyfriend was able to to join us so that helped to get me through. I only took a few photos too as we saw most of the same things as less time. What made the day even more special was that it snowed and the flakes were so visible you could see the pattern of the snowflake. I don't think I've ever seen that before!

Normally, the markets are very busy but due to the weather and two football matches, it was quieter then last year. It makes it easier to see things and you don't have to deal with large amounts of people. There were lots of stalls selling food and drink; I had some mulled rum and also tried the pizza. Not my normal lunch but since I wasn't feeling good I wanted something easy. We also had strudel which I do love! I didn't buy anything and not just because I'm saving money but because I didn't see anything I wanted. Though my boyfriend did buy me a necklace I liked.


Also this year, I wanted some good photos with my boyfriend for my scrapbook! Think these turned out well. And we also got to kiss under mistletoe! It took awhile to get a good photo though, so we might have to try this again.     



The Christmas Markets always have this magical feeling to them. There's more then just stalls to see as there are decorations everywhere. Most iconic is the giant Santa that sits in front of the city hall. He's super big! 


The reindeer and sled were cute this year and it really attracted the kids. 


There were lots of Xmas trees but my favorite is the one at Spinning fields as its always so big and covered in decoration. I like the Nutcrackers in the background too. 


I always like the wooden villages and the Santas and gnomes in the opening photo. They just had to the whole Christmas feel.


Going to the Markets always puts me in the Christmas mood and it means it's another step closer! So I'm glad to I went. 

Yesterday, I did another Christmas themed thing and went to see a panto! My favorite - Dick Whittington was showing and since my boyfriend had never seen one, I thought it would be great for us to experience together. The story wasn't what I remembered and I get why the panto has been getting bad reviews, but I had fun anyway. 

I can't believe it's nearly Christmas now! I've still got so much to do; mostly, writing stories, making Christmas cards (Still!), helping to wrap presents and getting things ready for Christmas eve family party. I'll get there though and Christmas will happen the same way it always does! This photo shows how I'm doing most of my writing right now;    
 

And this is my dog Patch. Who's mostly been snuggled up lately. She's not a fan of the cold, rain or snow and likes to be with someone under a blanket. I totally agree with her! 


Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas!


All photos used belong to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment