Monday 7 August 2017

August Life Update: Flash back to July Part 1, Trentham Monkey Forest




Hi readers,

So, because I've been so busy and not writing this blog, I wanted to share with you my visit to Monkey Forest for my birthday. It was one of my boyfriend's colleagues who suggested we go and since it was close enough, I decided it would be a great thing to do as a day trip out for my birthday. Also, it seemed a great way to check out my new camera!

I love animals and could spend lots of time watching them. The best part about Monkey Forest is that the monkeys roam free and you are allowed to get close to them. Of course, you can't touch them and the keepers do scare them away if they get too close, but it's nice to be without bars and cages.

We went at a good time as there were baby monkeys which are so cute!


There are two groups of monkeys that live in the forest. They are the same species but come from different countries which is on the reasons the keepers think they don't mix. Every hour is feeding time which is great because you get to see the monkeys real close and learn more of their behavior. The two groups are fed at different hours, so if you missed the first one you can join in the second one. The talks the keepers give are the same, but they also allow time for questions.  

There's also a lot of birds and squirrels due to all the food about but the monkeys don't seem to made them. Feeding time is also really good for snapping photos because all the monkeys are interacting with each other or else they are sitting still eating.  


We walked around twice as it takes less then hour to do the walk and see a feeding. Though I guess it also depends how much time you spend looking at the monkeys. The walk itself is really nice as it's a quiet woodland area. Though there is a steep slope to go down. We had good weather too, so it was nice to go through again. This time we sat longer watching the monkeys eat and I had one that got real close behind me and made me a bit nervous. A keeper shooed it away though.



Monkey Forest is great for an afternoon or day out. They have a play area for kids, a cafe and shop, plus you can walk through the monkey area as many times as you want. Kids would really enjoy this and any adults who love monkeys would do too. They also have like special encounter sessions with the monkeys, which are more expensive but its just you and the keepers. You get to help feed the monkeys breakfast and have photos taken with them.    


Overall, I had a great afternoon out and loved spending it with my boyfriend and family. It was something a bit different and more special to do on my birthday. I'd love to go again sometime! 



http://monkey-forest.com/

All photos are copyright to me. Please don't use without permission. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment